Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Stretch marks..... do they really lighten up after birth or is that just a myth?

I thought I had stretch marks beaten but then I walked by mom's closet mirror at about 8.5 months pregnant and there they were the big ugly red welts running up the bottom of my belly. I freaked out and ran to my husband who told me that they had been there for about a week but he didn't have the heart to tell me. So much for the $80 a bottle lotion that GUARANTEED no stretch marks! My sister promised me they would fade and they did. After about 6 months they just looked like my skin tone but with a little bit of shine. Most people don't notice them, I don't even notice them anymore. I can feel then with my fingers though. My doctor told me that there is nothing you can do to stop them, some women get them and some don't, I guess we are the lucky ones!

0 comments:

Post a Comment